Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Make Everyday Valentine's Day!

Today is Valentines day, a day to show your loved ones how much you care, typically through heart shaped candy, ridiculously sized stuffed animals, and overpriced flowers. Often bigger gestures are given such as proposals on jumbo screens and kiss cams or love proclaimed in writing in the sky. Don't get me wrong, that stuff is great; showing someone you love them in any form is a win. However, in my household these are not common things on Valentine's Day partly because my husband doesn't realize it's a holiday until the next day, partly because he is frugal and wants to save money on other things, but mostly because he loves me so well on the other 364 days that February 14th is truly just another day. 

I woke up to this Valentine's Day 2017 around 2 am to a crying toddler who couldn't get back to sleep. It's been a rough few days for me and sleep is all my body craved. Without hesitation, my amazing husband got up and cuddled with her for over an hour until she fell back asleep. I didn't even ask, he just did it. I could say that was just my Valentines Day present, but in all honesty he had no idea it was Valentine's Day at the time, this is just who he is and what he does. He loves me well- he shows me well. 

Without asking, he has changed diapers, cooked meals, and gave me hugs at the exact moment I might break. He appreciates what I do and he tells me. All at the same time he provides for our family in a way that I can live my dream of providing for our family by staying home. 

I'm not sharing this to make you think we have it all together and our life is perfect- trust me it's not. This is more to encourage you to express your love tomorrow, the next day, next week, all the way until next year. Don't wait until next Valentine's Day to let your loved ones know you care. Show them every day by the things you say, the way you say them, and by every little thing you do. 

Thank you Vaughn for loving me today, yesterday, and tomorrow too! I love you! 

Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment